- Mulching is a beneficial way to recycle the nutrients in your lawn and to build up your soil by returning organic matter to the soil. This will not add appreciable amounts to your thatch layer.
- Keep mower set at 2.5 to 3 inches. This is very important when it is hot. The higher you keep your grass, the less water it will require to maintain the plant.
- Do not cut more than 1/3 of the green leaf blade off at any one mowing – this will damage your root system. Typically this would mean that you should not remove more than 1 inch of leaf blade off at any one mowing.
- Mow at least 1 time per week.
- Do not let clumps of grass on your lawn.